Friday, November 9, 2012

Breaking a Slump

So if you haven't noticed, I've disappeared off the face of the map. So out of touch that the internet can't find me. I have been buried under a mountain of work and stress for the past little while and it has turned into this all consuming mound of awfulness and paperwork. Frankly dear readers, I'm in a slump. 

I work. I work. Then I work at another job and then another. All told my brain has turned to mush. I don't read. I don't watch tv. I work and then I sleep. It's a terrible cycle that has left me homeless due to being unable to make the time to find a new apartment and frankly not in the best of headspaces.

But you know what? I don't want that to be my life, so I figure it's time to break this slump and what better way to do it than with reading! Any recommendations for books floating around out there? 

Right now I'm re-reading some old favourites. Who doesn't love to curl up with a book knowing the full story, but not caring. The familiar words are almost like a caress. It's soothing. The Time Traveller's Wife and Pride and Prejudice are my go to-s.

What are yours? I can't be the only one dealing with mega stress and I'm pretty sure we're all pretty into reading around here! So have at it, new books or old favourites or is a good story all that matters? 

No comments:

Post a Comment