Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Techie Tuesday

Can you believe that I actually flat out forgot about Techie Tuesdays? I was going through the site and came across the old posts. That is actually the only reason why I'm writing this one now. It's not that I'm not doing theatre anymore, because I am. I think it's that I'm doing too much theatre on top of my day job now. Oh, by the way guys, got a day job. 

So what's up in theatre land right now? Well I just closed a very challenging show. A show in which nobody else working on it seemed to understand what my job description was. It was an interesting experience to say the least. On the plus side, I got paid for doing theatre? Soooo yay? 

My next great theatre adventure is a touring show. Tiny tour. And by tour I mean a one show remount for now at a local elementary school, but it's something right. Like this is a show I'm really excited for. It's got all these new challenges like figuring out lighting in a school gym, sound, how to not get booed by the twelve year olds. 

Also exciting, figuring out how to transport things to the space. Times like this, a truck or a driver's licence would really come in handy. 

So right now I'm trying to put together a sound design, burn the cd and cross my fingers and rub my lucky horshoe, just praying that my cd player is loud enough for a school gym. I should probably be more stressed out than I am, but I'm sure that will come within the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment