Saturday, April 6, 2013

Bookish Adaptations: School of Thrones

I'm pretty sure my love of all things Pride and Prejudice has been well documented here. Well needless to say I've been going through a bit of a Lizzie Bennet Diaries withdrawal. Luckily for me, a good friend alerted me to a project taken on by a few of the LBD actors and while it's very different than LBD it's acted as a great distraction for the past couple of days. I'm talking about SCHOOL OF THRONES everybody.

Basically it's a short web series that parodies George R. R. Martin's Songs of Fire and Ice series. It re-imagines these characters as if they were high school students and places them in a modern context. It's kind of brilliant. It's basically high fantasy combined with all the glory of a 90s high school romcom. I can't get enough of it!

It's these characters who take high school politics a little too seriously. And nothing matters more than prom. And those family loyalties? Totally still in play. It was just a three episode series and as far as I know it's over now (but please correct me if I'm wrong, I hope I am), but it's just a fun series that you should take a look at.  The first episode is embedded below and you're bound to recognize a few people in it.


Prom Night is Coming 

So verdict? Do you like it as much as I do? Are you guys even reading Songs of Fire and Ice? It's a slow go for me, but I'm getting through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment