Sunday, September 29, 2013

So Me and Summers.

I have a really bad track record with maintaining this blog over the course of the summer. Like really, horrifically bad. I'm pretty sure I went completely AWOL last summer too. No explanation. Nothing. It is really poor blogging etiquette. Like I'm pretty sure the least I could do is put up a post explaining that I'll be going away for awhile.

I figure I you guys an explanation for disappearing so quickly and as always everything revolves around theatre. I ended up getting a couple of actual, professional gigs this summer. Paid deals. Shows that required a lot of time. Like a lot of time. Not only that, but I kept my side job since I was paranoid about what was going to happen in the fall. That lead to some intense 80 hour work weeks and massive stress. Consequently I wasn't online. I wasn't even reading unless you count scripts. Which I don't.

I'm sorry guys, but I have to admit I didn't even think about this blog during that time period. I noticed one post was put up during August; that was scheduled months beforehand and I had completely forgotten about it.

September rolls around and I'm still not back. I left the country for the month. I had a trip planned for awhile and had intended originally to put a bunch of posts together before I left. Didn't happen. I basically ended my contract, quit my side job, and took off.

Here's what I did do though. I got a chance to catch up on some reading and while it wasn't extensive I at least have some things to say in the next little while. I don't expect people to welcome me back with open arms because let's face it, I'm super flaky, but I'm excited to start talking about books again.

No comments:

Post a Comment