Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish
THIS WEEK'S PROMPT IS TOP TEN 2014 RELEASES I MEANT TO READ BUT DIDN'T GET TO
There are seriously so many books that I wanted to read but didn't over this past year. A selections of ten is hardly enough to cover them all, but here are a few that are high priority for this year. Hopefully I'll manage to read most of them.
1. Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater (Goodreads)
I own Blue Lily, Lily Blue and I've loved the other books in the series. In fact, as soon as I finished Dream Thieves I was dying to read this one. However, it remains sitting on my shelf. I should really fix that soon.
2. Landline by Rainbow Rowell (Goodreads)
I love Rainbow Rowell and just finished Fangirl and basically devoured Eleanor & Park on trains while travelling. I want to read Landline and the premise sounds fantastic, plus I haven't read Rowell's adult fiction yet which seems like an absolute shame.
3. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (Goodreads)
I actually know very little about this book as the blurb is purposefully vague, but a few bloggers who I love raved about it so I clearly need to read it.
4. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han (Goodreads)
I love Jenny Han's writing. I haven't necessarily loved every book, but I love her style. Plus a box of love letters that are never meant to be sent are; I love that premise.
5. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel (Goodreads)
Post-Apocalyptic books aren't typically my style; I don't really go for the earth was ravaged and there are only a few surviving camps left. Again though I've heard such amazing things about this one that I really do want to read it eventually.
6. Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira (Goodreads)
Name Kurt Cobain and Janis Joplin and you've got me hooked. But really, it sounds heartbreaking and oh so good.
7. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson (Goodreads)
Both of Matson's previous books have been close to perfect in my mind. I can't believe I haven't read this yet.
8. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson (Goodreads)
Again, I've heard AMAZING things. This is one is only on my radar thanks to some brilliant bloggers. It's sitting on my shelf and should be read soon.
9. The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith (Goodreads)
This sounds like a fairly light contemporary and so my style.
10. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord (Goodreads)
I love a good road trip book, I've heard amazing things, it's a contemporary and it has a musical element. Count me in!