Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Techie Tuesday

This week in the world of theatre tech I'm preparing for a radio play. But live. A live, radio play that doesn't involve the radio at all. I swear, it makes sense. 

So my theatre company is going to do a show for the Christmas season, but we don't have the time or money to produce a full scale production right now. Instead, we've found the script to old radio plays and are going to do a staged reading. With old-timey accents, costumes and just a little bit of bit of cross dressing. I'm really looking forward to figuring out the effects. 

No lights, not much sound. This is a pretty tech light show which is probably for the best.

Since there's nothing going on tech wise this week how about I update you on last week. 

So the school show happened. Technical notes learned: blackouts and small children do not mix. Under any circumstance. 

If the lights turned off for half a second there were screams. Is it time to rework all the cues in my book again? I think so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment