Thursday, February 28, 2013

Flashback to...The Baby-sitter's Club

I've been cleaning out my closet recently (read: going through and reminiscing about things without throwing anything away) and came across my old Baby-sitter's Club collection. You guys, I was obsessed with these books growing up. And well I'm half tempted to go back and read through them and half terrified they'll tarnish some of my best childhood memories. Seriously, I loved these books. So. Much. I think I read every single one of them twice and of course I also had the movie. 


Check out that trailer. It almost makes me miss the 90s. Also. Also. I just wanted to be Claudia. She was artsy and fantastic and had books without anything in them so she could hide her junk food. So I was googling all this obviously and actually found the movie online. Once I'm done writing this, totally going to watch it again. 

This series made me want to babysit and it provided so much enjoyment over the years. It's books like this that got me into reading and I think they'll always have a special place in my heart. I mean, there was even a spin off series (California Diaries) that I took with me into high school. 

I'm sure we all have those books. The ones that inspired us to read. That filled our sick days and could fix our problems for awhile. So what were your favourites to read growing up? 

No comments:

Post a Comment