Friday, April 5, 2013

Flashback To ... Madeline

I had a lot of fun a few weeks ago writing about my love of The Baby-Sitters Club so I've decided to make it a recurring thing. Every once in awhile I'm going to take a peek through my old book, movies and pictures to take a trip down memory lane.

This week's Flashback is to MADELINE

You guys remember this series right? I loved the books and the cartoon series, but what I remember most was the live action film. It came out when I was nine years old and I definitely spent an entire Christmas day watching it. Granted I was sick at the time, but still. I swear that this is the movie that like created my love of all things French. I mean sure the Métis blood might have something to do with it and the whole langue de famille deal, but really, it's Madeline. 

She's just the best French orphan (with a British accent) living with a nun and having adventures around Paris, I mean in the film version. The books have her at a boarding school, but really that's neither here nor there. It was all about this tiny little redhead traipsing around Paris having all these grand adventures. She's super brave and feisty; I wanted to be her best friend. Even now looking back she's a pretty great character. From the time she has her appendix out to her adventures with Pepito, I wanted to join Madeline.


What are some of the bookish memories that you have as a child? Are there any that have stuck with you all this time? Did you love Madeline and all of her adventures as much as I did? Let's talk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment